Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Koigu Mori M815

Here's one I haven't knit in a long time. If found a few skeins while rooting through my Koigu tubs, looking for a special knit.

Koigu Mori in colour M815, 50% Merino 50% Mulberry Silk, fingering weight.


This pair is size Small, narrow. Normally I would knit Small with a 54 cylinder, but I wanted to get more elasticity into the fabric (compensating for high silk content). I did actually knit a pair on the 54/27 cylinder/ribber and it met my 'Small specs', but not extra narrow. So I tried this pair on the 72cylinder and I'm much happier with the result.

I knit a 1x1 ribbed topper, switching then to 3x1 rib for the leg and instep.

The finer stitch of the 72 cylinder, combined with the rib ratio delivered the goods.







No comments:

Post a Comment