Thursday, April 23, 2015

Brrr


Below freezing. Two inches of fresh snow on the ground. Howling north winds. Now I remember why I gave up April lambing years ago.

This ewe is a great mother. She had the sense to head for the barn and when I came upon her just before lunch she was cleaning up her single lamb. I put her in a pen to let her mother up uninterrupted and went in for my own lunch.

I went back to the barn right after lunch and there she was with three lambs. All cleaned. Full bellies. Ready to meet the world!

2 comments:

  1. Triplets! Congratulations! And twins earlier! Good mothers both! Blogless Mary Lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear that things are going well, despite the weather. Warmer weather awaits us!

    Triplets - I'm sure that was a surprise!

    ReplyDelete